Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A New Fun Way...

...to avoid cleaning!!
My mom got me a really fun set of books for my birthday on making cookie, candy, and fruit bouquets. True to my obsessive, impulsive nature, I went out and bought supplies this week and made these for my visiting teach-ees:

I think only one of them reads this blog, so the rest will be surprised. These were really fun to make and the decorating was much less time consuming than I thought. I went through two different batches of sugar cookies before I found one that didn't rise so much that it obscured all of the nice lines from the cookie cutters. The biggest mess was made by my kids, who were given the left over frosting and the cookies that were too puffy. My dining room table is covered with pastel blobs, crumbs, and sprinkles. Oh well. All in the name of a good time, right?

Be on the lookout for other really cute gifty things. These books just had WAY too many fun ideas in them!






11 comments:

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

Dear P-----you have WAAAAAYYYYY too much free time on your hands!!! You're beginning to be every homemakers dream!!!! Can you believe how much I just paid to have a cookie bouquet sent to someone?????? Do you mail out???

Shannon b said...

oh-my-goodness!!! Those look sooo great Paige!
I wonder what I need to do to get on your VT route. Kathy will soon have a waiting list, I'm sure! ;)

Amanda said...

STOP! Please just stop being so creative and cute and adorable- it just makes me love you even more and makes me want to live by you and you know we just bought a new house so now we can't afford to move up there- so you will have to move down here like we planned- JUNE-I'm counting on it!

Michelle said...

So cute! When you said you were baking cookies I had no idea. Those turned out wonderful!

Dana said...

So cute Paige!!

tanyawebster said...

you need to share your recipe....and ummmm, you friend Amanda above me BETTER be wrong about you moving...dont you even THINK about it missy!!!! :)

Danielle said...

Ok. Do you make deliveries to Utah? They are so cute.

Karla and Mike said...

WOW~!!! Those turned out so well! I hope you come and visit me soon!
Mom

Jacob and Emily said...

Holy cow those look SO GOOD! You are a natural!

Patti said...

Most impressive!! The creative gene definitely skipped me! Why do I see you having a home-based business of some sort in the not-too-distant future??

Unknown said...

Are you kidding me?! These are so adorable!