- Jillise is a "highly sensitive child." She notices things around her that most people don't pick up on. While this makes her incredibly aware, this has also been a struggle for her because she has trouble processing all of the sounds, sights, and feelings that her brain is taking in. She has gotten MUCH better in the past year and I am so proud of her for making the effort to stay in control when she wants to shut down.
- Jillise loves to make up games and activities. On Tuesdays I have an 11 year old that comes over to play with the girls while I teach students. Jillise always has something planned for them to do. Last week she had invented a club for them.
- Jillise is a deep thinker. She always catches me off guard with her questions. I love it, though. It forces me to think about why we as humans do what we do. Why do we dislike other people? Is it inherent in us? Is it learned? (These were questions brought up when she was wondering why a girl she has never done anything to has decided that she doesn't like Jillise -- something that devistated my poor little girl).
- Jillise wants to be an artist, a doctor, and a mom when she grows up.
- Jillise is turning into a giggly girl. The mom who drives her to school in the morning says that Jillise just cracks her up because she is always tee hee hee-ing when she gets in the car. I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with the fact that all the other kids in the car are cute boys. I am *so* not ready for the teenage years.
- Jillise is very intelligent. She had a very large vocabulary when she was one, she knew all her letters before she was two, and she taught herself to read before she was five. She loves school even though she can do everything they are supposed to learn in kindergarten. She just loves to be in that structured environment with all of her friends. And they do crafts. Her favorite.
So Happy Birthday, my sweet Jillise!
Birth May 10, 2001
American Fork, Utah
One Year Old: May 10, 2002
Orem, Utah
Two Years Old: May 10, 2004
Orem, Utah
Three Years Old: May 10, 2005
Portland, Oregon
Four Years Old: May 10, 2005
Here, Oregon
Five Years Old: May 10, 2006
Here, Oregon

Six Years Old: May 10, 2007
Here, Oregon






5 comments:
Happy birthday to your sweet girl...WOW those pictures got ME all teary eyed :( She is one amazing girlie with one amazingly beautiful family that is for sure! Hope her day is amazing (just like her)! :)
oh my goodness . . . to see the progression of pictures and then that last one . . .she is looking sooo grown up! I've only known you guys for the last few years, but I totally got that fluttering/nervous feeling in my heart of "oh my, where has the time gone!"
She is a cute girl. And I'm know that with parents like you guys she will grow into an amazing young woman someday!
Happy birthday Jillise!
Hope Jillise liked the happy birthday singing message from the boys today! Bailey was so cute coming home from school telling me that they celebrated her birthday today by playing hide and seek at recess intead of the "normal" chase game, because it was "her" special day. How cute is that? And then while eating lunch he said the prayer and mentioned her again saying "thank you for Jillise's birthday today" ... just so sweet! I have to say after reading all about her, I realized that she and Bailey are SO much alike. But Todd and I have decided that passionate and sensitive children make this world a better place, because they actually ARE aware of others feelings and care to do the right thing because of that...most of the time ;)
Oh I cannot believe little Jillise is 6! Where has the time gone? I remember like yesterday coming into that room in American Fork and seeing that sweet little angel with my very own two week old angel in my arms. It feels like yesterday. We are so blessed. Jillise is so cute and so sweet there is only one wish I have today and that is to live closer that we could celebrate with you all. We love you guys!!! Happy Birthday Jillise!!!!! Hope you got our card and stickers!
Happy Birthday to Jillese! What fun pictures...I seriously cannot believe she is 6! She is such a smart, fun and pretty girl. We have enjoyed getting to know her over the last few years! Hope her day was as wonderful as she is!
Post a Comment