Thanksgiving has come and gone. The food has been devoured, the leftovers put away for future casseroles and lunches. We played Greed, Apples to Apples, and lots of Wii. And now my parents, sister Megan, brother John, and his girlfriend Stacie are on their way home. And I am left feeling kind of sad. It has been a really fun, busy day. I loved having all of the people here. I loved the many conversations going on at once. I loved all the help in the kitchen. I loved catching up on the news. And now it's just kind of quiet. I can just hear the football in the background and my tummy trying to digest the three different kinds of pie.
My cup runneth over. I am amazed at the many ways in which my Heavenly Father has blessed me. I have a wonderful family. I have amazing friends. I am surrounded by great examples -- people I can observe almost daily and try to be more like them. I have the knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have the faith to know that He is in control of everything, even when it seems like the world is in chaos, I know that there is a plan. I have a living prophet to guide me and offer words of comfort. I have a healthy family. We have money for our needs and many of our wants. We are safe. My family can go to sleep at night and there is no doubt in my mind that we will all wake up and go about our day and be back together again the next evening. I live in a nation where I can study what I want, worship whom I please, and be who I want to be. I live in a time where I can keep in touch with cousins and old friends at the touch of a button. Anything I want to learn is at my fingertips. I can take pictures and videos that will last for generations. We have two cars that take us where we need to be. I can drive two miles and enter a store that has anything I could ever need to eat, clothe myself, decorate my home, or entertain myself and others. I live in a beautiful part of the world, where I am able to enjoy mountains, trees, streams, and wildlife every day.
Life is good.
7 comments:
happy thanksgiving! sounds like you had a wonderful day and yes, we have so much to be thankful for.
You express our feelings so well!!! Happy Holidays-----oh what's this about John and a girlfriend?????
Glad you had a happy day! Can I just say, "amen!" to your grateful list?
Life is good, indeed.
This blogging business is incredible. There's no way we'd even know what was going on with each other (because I am NOT a letter writer! :)
Happy holidays.
I love your list of things you're thankful for! Glad you had a great day!
Happy HOlidayS! I too say a little amen to your thsnkful list!
I hate it too when all the family goes, and it's suddenly quiet. I agree.. We do have much to be thankful for.
Post a Comment