Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Babies Times FIVE

http://wilkinsonquints.blogspot.com

My sister in law sent me the link to this blog last night and I spent a good hour reading all of the entries from the very beginning, just fascinated by what this woman is experiencing. As the blog title states, it is a woman pregnant with quintuplets. Ack!! She is LDS and almost done with her pregnancy, but she has documented things pretty much from the beginning. What struck me was how the hand of the Lord has helped her from the very beginning. How things worked out with work, where family is located, and most importantly, her BODY. She has completed 33 weeks of pregnancy with five babies inside of her. All are healthy and almost normal singleton weight (EACH). And she has had very few complications, all things considered. I know people with one baby in them who are on equal bedrest and have more hospital visits than she has had (though she is in the hospital full time right now). I'm sure Heavenly Father has great things in store for those babies and their family. And if you don't have time to read all of the entries, she says in there that her doctor ORDERED her to try to consume 5000 calories every day. Studies showed that multiples born to women who consumed massive amounts of calories faired better, weighed more, and had fewer defects. Interesting, huh?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW . . . I scanned their site a bit and I just can't even imagine what that would be like. Scary is probably the word I would choose!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow that's crazy! I can barely make it through pregnancy with ONE baby inside me, I think five would kill me :) What an amazing journey they have ahead of them. That will be cool to follow. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I cannot emagine five. yikes

Anonymous said...

So my VT comp mentioned her friend in the Third Ward here who was having quints yesterday. I emailed her the link...turns out this IS her friend, and it is her friend's parents who are currently in the Third Ward, but are getting ready to move to TX to help with the quints.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I sent this info to my aunt who has triplets and twins from fertility drugs. Pretty amazing.