Sunday, April 6, 2008

33 Things I Have Learned in 33 Years (and one day)

  1. Don't keep important papers where your 20 month old son can find them
  2. Sometimes it is worth it to hire a babysitter just to have some time to think
  3. Boys really are different from girls
  4. Smarties do NOT work well in Jello
  5. How to write a kickin' research paper in a very short period of time
  6. Not all returned missionaries are worthy of the pedestal many BYU Freshmen put them on
  7. Children really do grow up too fast
  8. The Gap uses vanity sizing
  9. My Heavenly Father loves me
  10. I like to sew
  11. Babies don't like blue jeans
  12. I love blue jeans
  13. I like to eat spicy foods
  14. I have very strong opinions about things I didn't think I cared about
  15. Republicans are not always right
  16. Being teacher's pet really can be beneficial in life
  17. Junior High students are bright, passionate, and horribly misunderstood
  18. I love Ross and TJ Maxx
  19. You can't force a child to eat
  20. I need a lot of sleep to feel "well rested"
  21. You can learn something from everyone -- even if it is just what you DON'T want to be or do
  22. When choosing where to live, weather is one of the biggest factors for me
  23. BYU really is the fun, great place my parents made it out to be
  24. PMS is real
  25. Saying exactly what you are thinking is not always the best way to get your point across
  26. It's okay to have cereal for dinner sometimes
  27. Family trips are worth the whining and complaining. Despite all of my brattiness, those are some of my best memories growing up (Today We Are Close)
  28. The best friends make the best husbands
  29. If you pay for your roll of film to be developed in cash when you drop it off in the kiosk, they will develop your film, take your money, and you will still have to pay to pick it up when the pictures are done
  30. Faking that you know what you are doing is almost as good as really knowing it -- it at least will buy you some time
  31. Despite all of my years pouring over fashion magazines to know of the latest trends, I am hopelessly low maintenance
  32. You don't have to be the best at something to be the best teacher of something
  33. I can do hard things (thank you to the gals who introduced me to that saying)

10 comments:

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday (a day late)! Hope you had a wonderful day.

Michelle said...

What a fun list! Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday! I love your list and the one about the film developing is sooo true!!

sheila said...

That was a great list and only too true!

Tiffini said...

I have been saying that "I can do hard things" a lot lately. I have been telling the boys that too--they can do hard things. HMM...cereal for dinner..that sounds like a good plan.

Lara Neves said...

Love the list. I can empathize with many things on it.

Aundrea said...

I take it you don't mind rainy, gray weather??
I was thinking cold cereal sounded so good for dinner tonight:)

kam said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POCHAHONTAS! Either you will get that or you won't. ;) Paige- May you have 33 more years of happiness and joy! ;) You deserve a great birthday. What did the birthday fairy bring besides your cold and the trip to the salon? ;) Did you get your LBD? I hope you treated yourself. xoxo Kam

Amanda said...

Well- Looks like Happy Birthday is in order!! Hope it was wonderful and wow what a smart gal you have become in just 33 short years ;)
XXXXOOOOO

Nicole said...

Great list! I agree with all of them.