Sunday, March 30, 2008

Boys and Blogs

Every time my friends and I get together with our husbands, the topic of blogs ALWAYS comes up. Most of my friends keep a blog, and none of our husbands do. The guys often joke about starting one and what topics they would write about. This usually results in us girls laughing so hard that we wish that our bladder muscles weren't completely destroyed from birthing children. But I digress...

My sister found this blog last night and sent it to me. It is the "Normal Mormon Husband Blog" and it is hilarious. He talks about stake basketball, scrapbooking, and scented candles. I think that if he lived here he would fit in quite well with our Elder's Quorum. What REALLY got me rolling was this blog about Twilight and this follow-up. It's nice to finally have a male's perspective on the books, since Brian won't go near them. ;)

I have added this guy's site to my Google Reader. I wonder if his wife rolls her eyes at him as much as I roll my eyes at my husband for being a smart-a$$?

10 comments:

Shannon b said...

paige, that was just awesome. His twilight posts had me cracking up! I wonder if I could get Scott to read them? hmmm. I also wonder how many times this guy has read Twilight. And I agree with you, I'm sure his wife is somewhere rolling her eyes.

I think this is going into my google reader too. Thanks for the blog-share!

Tiffini said...

Too funny. This will give Tim something to read during his Constitutional Law class.

Megan said...

Andrew has been a friend of ours for many years. Glad you enjoyed his blog! :)

The Normal Mormon Husband said...

Thanks for the link to my blog (MormonHusbands.blogspot.com). Glad you enjoyed it. I can track the referring URL's to my site, which led me to yours.

I was laughing out loud when I read your "DDR as a workout" post. My wife and I bought a PS2 about five years ago, DDR, and two dance pads. We would put in on workout mode and track how many calories we were burning. Nothing is as hilarious as a 30-year-old white Mormon guy and his pregnant wife shredding to DDR. Good times.

-NMH

Aundrea said...

I'll have to check it out, sounds funny! and I love that you are working out to DDR:)

Jodi said...

I enjoyed reading through some of his blog! He really is too funny. Our MEN could definitely relate :)

Danielle said...

Hey,
We would love to see you, but our house is very heavily under construction and so we will probably have to meet up somewhere. Email me daniellemckeon@hotmail.com, and so I can email you my # and you can call when you're down here. We're excited to see you!

Anonymous said...

How funny that he wrote back to you!!! I glanced at his blog yesterday, and he is definitely a funny guy. I just don't know too many guys that blog, but maybe more should start! It's entertaining to say the least :)

kam said...

The NMH is a stinkin' good writer. I love the he blogs. Jaren comes up with ideas all the time for my blog and I tell him he should be a guest writer. Maybe someday. I love the spring face lift! So fun!! Awesome!!

sheila said...

I can't wait to check out those blogs. You are such a good writer. I am always laughing by the time I get a coupl eof sentences into your blog. Yes, our bladder muscles have been completely destroyed....